Elegant String Music For Any Event
We are happy that you are considering The Style Strings to provide you with beautiful, charming music to add that touch of class and elegance to your event! We are a group of highly skilled and experienced local musicians and we're confident that you will be delighted with the quality of our music and professionalism. We have performed on cruise ships, at weddings and parties, with the symphony orchestra and with touring Broadway and concert productions as well as many other functions over the years. Everything from small intimate gatherings to gala fundraising events, cocktail parties, receptions and client appreciation evenings where we perform classical music, sacred songs, jazz standards, holiday music and other wedding and party favorites.
- Easy To Book
- Let us guide you through the simple reservation system
- Reasonable Prices
- Choose the group that fits your venue size and event budget
- Black Tie Attire
- The ensemble can be dressed in concert black or casually dressy
- A Wide Repertoire
- Everything from Baroque and Classical to Pop and Showtunes
What's the Idea Behind The Style Strings & Why Are They A Great Choice For You?
Established in 1999, The Style Strings were put together specifically with the idea of providing exceptional classical string ensembles for any event and doing it at a price that would stay within the budget while not sacrificing quality. At Professional Entertainment Consultants™, an agency booking local talent for parties and special events since 1983, we knew what it would take to provide our valued clients with the right music for their events. Some of the challenges we had run into in booking top string groups included both budget and quality of performance. Many of the groups had a 2 hour minimum when our clients really needed only an hour at, for instance, a simple wedding ceremony. This would bring the starting price in hundreds of dollars higher than many of our clients may have expected to pay or had budgeted, especially when the smallest group available may be a full quartet. We did not blame the musicians of course since it didn't make any sense for them to come out to a performance and be paid half their normal fee for a very short performance, especially if they were professionals who made their living playing music. It also didn't make sense for us to recommend a non-professional "hobby" or student group, who played part time for fun and would work at a nominal fee. Booking a group simply based on price seemed to often have the result that the quality and experience was lacking. Certainly they would work very hard to do a good job, but they often did not possess the skills or musicianship to play at the level our clients expect and deserve. Our experience over more than 30 years of providing entertainment told us that saving $100-200.00 on music at such important events as weddings usually was something the clients would later regret. And there are never any "do-overs"allowed.
Our solution was to put together a team of skilled performers who were committed to providing a service customized to what our clients were looking for. It did not need to be the cheapest service in the area, but it needed to be affordable. We started with trio and quartet prices for an hour that was fair and reasonable to the musicians, but still affordable for the clients, with additional time available at an even better rate, less than half of the rate for the first hour. And we made it so that the groups would be able to pro-rate additional time in as little as half hour increments, rather than a full hour. For repertoire, the group did not need to be able to perform every piece of music under the sun, but it needed to be able to play a wide variety of music that works well for the string group genre from classical to popular. Our musicians needed to be versatile in instrumentation, offering both trio and quartet options to fit the needs of the client with standardized repertoire that could be played with either trio or quartet while still producing a full, rich sound. Our team was made up of highly trained professionals who hold bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in music performance from some of the top music schools in the United States. We set out to put together a lineup of some of the area's top players who were versatile enough to play in a number of settings and who could do it with both skill and style.
Our solution became the Style Strings, now for over 10 years a popular and affordable choice in string music for almost any event!
- We offer a string trio or a string quartet
- We have very competitive rates
- Please ask us for a quote for your event!
Let Us Know:
- The length of performance
- The location where the event is
- Any special requests
- Have a better quote from a comparable group? Let us know!
- A travel fee may apply more than 15 miles outside of the city to cover gas and time. For Special Instrumentation, please ask for quote for groups including flute or harp when available. Harpist may be available with some ensembles but pricing for any ensemble is higher than with string or flute performers. Please ask your consultant for availability.
- $55.00 is the charge if you would like us to create a special arrangement that is not in the group's current repertoire depending on the complexity and style of the arrangement. We Have an arranger on staff who can work with most requests. We do ask for 30 days advance notice as making a new arrangement does take some hours.
- There is generally no additional cost for setting up prior to the start of the performance unless the group must be on site to set up more than 30 minutes early. In most cases set-up is minimal and unobtrusive.
- For outdoor performances the group must be sheltered from direct sunlight and of course rain and the temperature must be 60 degrees or above.
- The group comes self contained but they do ask that an armless chair be made available to each musician on site.
- If free and readily available parking is not at the facility then Parking should be provided or validated for each performer at the engagement.
- We provide every client with our GigRoster™ Music Planning Worksheet, developed over years of performing at all kinds of events. This is designed so we know all the special selections you'd like, the timeline for the event, all the participants such a bride, groom, bridal party or guest of honor. If you have specific music selections just let us know ahead of time so we can accomodate!